Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

My beautiful words have been stolen

A long time ago my buddy James was hosting an open mic and posted a notice about it on the AMS message board. Being an asshole I wrote back with this (note the date and time). I thought it was amusing and it always kinda stuck in a crevice in me brain.

-----Original Message-----From: Steve Bowes [mailto:boweswana@h...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 2:18 PM
To: jamesvm7@y...; arlingtonmusic@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [arlingtonmusicscene.com] OPEN MIC FULL BANDS WELCOME

Dear Mr. Lamont,Does the drumset have double kick drums and a gong, (you know, the standardrock set-up)? I built lo-rider hydraulics into my kit so it can bounce around the stage. You should see people go crazy when I light off a roman candle and turn the hydraulics on...its totally insane! I can bring my kit but you (and maybe two or three other guys) would have to help me carry it down the stairs...it will be worth the effort! Please let me know if you want me to bring it because I need about two or three hours to set it up. I will also need eight electrical outlets because of the fire marshall.

If you have the kit with the kick drums and gong (I'm sure that you do!) I would like to sign up for a 24 - 30 minute drum solo. I can extend it if people are going nuts but I want to be cool to the other performers so I'll plan on 30 minutes tops. If you can schedule my time for around 10:50 that would be good but if that's too specific 10:35 works too.

Do the performers get a free meal or t-shirt? I always got a t-shirt when I jammed at talent shows. My band was awesome. We were called Four Play because there were FOUR guys in the band and we PLAYED kick ass music. Get it? If any guitarists want to jam out with me that's cool but try not to do any fancy finger tapping or anything when I'm in the middle of a tom roll or double kick trip. That drives me crazy.

See you at the bar Mr. Lamont!

So today some trolling bastard posts THIS in response to a message about setting up a benefit for the Tsunami victims:


From: "Yanni Chryssomitis" <ichrysso@y...>
Date: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: tsunami benefit ??

Janet,

I'd be very interested in doing this. I play a drum kit which flips up and down and side to side, complete with lots (LOTS!) of pyrotechnics. Think Tommy Lee meets the Evil Kenieval (though I bang hotter chicks than they ever did).

Ivan Chryssatov
Drummer at Large


What the fuck, if you're going to steal some of my shit at least go for the A-Material and not some dumbass two year old post on a message board. I already have to deal with the outright theft of the bro posts and now this? This blog thing is really a dirty business.

Fuck you Ivan you communist piece of shit.


7 Comments:

  • cry like a baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • I'm crapping my pants right now to get the tone just right.

    By Blogger Castor OiL, at 12:29 PM  

  • AMS is a Yahoo group and you can search the archives. I knew about when I had posted it and it took about 30 seconds to find it.

    On top of that I'm smart as fucking shit...

    Obviously.

    What's new in Smithville?

    By Blogger Castor OiL, at 12:34 PM  

  • not a G D thing!

    happy new year!

    -smithsonian!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • Whatcha get when you cross an oil-based blog with a G'burg drummer?

    Smith & Wesson.

    So to speak. DEVIL HORNS! CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE!

    damn, I need to regsiter for 703...there's folks there to tweak.

    -Mondo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

  • Ivan here. As noted before, I never read your 2 year old post and the ideas which I got did not come from your blogs, but as a natural extension of the antics of the Kenievals, Tommy Lee, Neil PEart and others. So with that said, I agree that the concept is very 1990's and has been retired. I am engaged now in creating a heavy metal string harp band.

    Ivan Chryssatov

    And I am anything but a Communist. I voted for Bush. BOTH TIMES.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • I stand corrected! I thought you were but a troll and responded accordingly.

    My apologies...please rock away as you will with my blessings.

    By Blogger Castor OiL, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home