Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Back to Mystery City


Bangkok Shocks Saigon Shakes Hanoi Rocks Posted by Hello

I got an iPod for Xmas from the lovely and kind better half and have been hiding down in my basement importing CDs that have lived for years in milk crates and my memories. Some upon re-listening are, well, terrible but others totally live up to my fond recollections.

Aside from the entire Hanoi Rocks published catalog and 2 live discs + 4 bootlegs I have run the gamut from Johnny Cash to Faster Pussycat. I'm totally looking forward to going on a road trip and jamming away with my iPod and awesome musical tastes.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Imported thus far today (I have about 100 other playlists already in iTunes)-

Hanoi Rocks - Entire catalog
Motley Crue - Too Fast and SATD
Circus of Power - 1st and Vices
Johnny Cash - American and Man Comes Around
Ray Charles - Birth of Soul 4 CDs
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking and Ritual
Life Sex and Death - Silent Majority
Faster Pussycat - Wake me When it's Over
Royal Court of China - Geared and Primed
Sweet - Desolation Boulevard
GnR - Appetite
Veruca Salt - American Thighs and 8 Arms to Hold You
Mother Love Bone - Hello Hometown (bootleg)
Leonard Cohen - Masters
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks
James Brown - Best of JB (two CDs)
Temple of the Dog
Afghan Whigs - Uptown Avondale and What Jail is Like
Tom Waits - Early years Vol. 1 and Vol. 2


2 Comments:

  • I recently saw a SNL repeat that Verucca Salt played on and didn't think they sounded that bad; though I remember at the time (what, has it been 10 years, already?) I thought it was an embarrasing performance.

    By Blogger notionsUnlimited, at 7:18 AM  

  • Hey, you can't forget:

    Tygers of Pan Tang: the Cage
    UFO: Strangers in the Night
    Scorpions: Tokyo Tapes, Lovedrive
    Blue Oyster Cult: the first 3 albums, various songs afterwards (and yes I DO mean "Mirrors" from...)
    Riot
    the Rods
    Plasmatics

    ok, you're gonna hate me, but
    the Donnas (you know, a nubile young hottie singing:
    "take it off baby for me/you gotta get me off/'cause I get what I want/and I like what I see"...whne I was 18, we have Wendy O Williams growling "put your love in me" and you wanted to anyway in spite of her being a skank whore goddess...

    something new you might have to borrow:
    the Pillows (J-Rock at its best)

    By Blogger notionsUnlimited, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home