Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

And the lordah saidah.....



Did anyone else catch Jerry Kilgore's concession speech last night? I have been totally creeped out by him ever since I heard him speak and just couldn't put my finger in...I mean on....who he reminded me of. So he lost and I'm laughing at watching this fucking jerk on TV try to smile through his seething anger and frustration. It was great, I could almost hear his teeth cracking they were grinding so hard. Still I was confused about who his other half was until he started thanking Jesus for his getting his ass kicked by a baby killing murderer loving homo marrying Democrat and it struck me. Kilgore is the real life version of Reverand Timothy Lovejoy from the Simpsons (minus any intentional comedic value). They sound the same, shit they LOOK the same. It's crazy. Go watch the speech on CNN and then catch a Simpsons re-run with Lovejoy in it and recognize my brilliance once again.

Goddamit I'm smart!!!!

On another note I have been trying to hold my tongue on some serious band guy idiocy that has been going on lately. Basically some band guy has his band guy titties all in a twist because people criticize band guy's band yet band guy actively participates in forum that slams other bands that band guy is playing shows with. I think it's rude at best, totally weak and stupid at worst. Rudeness causes wrinkles. I might get the better of myself (whoo whoo) and fire away at band guy if things continue.....what do you think?

Speaking of bands there's a bunch of shows I'd like to catch this Friday night starting with Philito and the Bad Habituals playing at Stacatto down in la Morgana de Adam's which should be good for the ears and bad for the liver. In grand old Virginny which restored a modicum of faith in the sanity of it's citizenry last night, (see Kilgore/Lovejoy bit above), my good pal and holder of the angelic tones Claire Gilbride is playing at Zig's in Alexandria. Zig's has a terrible name but a healthy attitude towards the ideal liquor to mixer ratio in their cocktails so it's worth the trip when you add Claire to the cocktails.

Also in the Commonwealth enfant' terrible (in a totally good way) Viki Nova will be rocking it out with "How are they going to fit on that stage?!?!?" blogger beloved Full Minute of Mercury at TT Reynold's in Fairfax on Friday. Full Minute's drummer Dan was apparently at our CD release show so I want to return the favor and I have yet to see the new lineup of the band. It's purported to be rocking and lord knows I love the rocking. Six strong like the Brady Bunch, (though I think it's 4-2 boys v girls these days).

If I can procure that transporter beam from Overstock in time I'll be at all of them rockers. If not.....well.....I'll do my best.

Anyway tomorrow I'll be back with some inspired thoughts on what a dick someone is, (I'm just not sure who that's going to be yet).

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home