Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bumming

I had a terrible experience last week and surprisingly it had nothing to do with getting my eyeballs cut by a laser knife. That whole thing is great, my vision is tremendous and I look just super. No, the bad occurence was my hard drive committing suicide on my laptop. Not giving a shit about technology at all at first I saw it as an inconvenience but as I think more and more about what was on there I get increasingly depressed about it.

First off I lost all the stuff I have ever written for this blog which isn’t THAT big a deal as I can go through and cut and paste all the crap off the site and save it again. A pain but doable. I lost lots of other stuff I have written for On Tap, lyrics, general stuff for the amorphous book,,,I can rewrite or try to remember all of that. My brain still works so that can all be regenerated (I hope).

I lost my iTunes and have to go figure out how to get the shit from the iPod to the computer instead of the other way around. I’m sure that’s doable as well.

The absolute worst is that I lost my picture gallery with a year’s worth of stuff from the digital camera and that has me twitchy with sadness. A year’s worth of images that I can’t recover, of the wee child going from swaddled infancy to a walking blabbering fun machine…gone. A year where the elder darling child went from little kid to not so little kid….gone. I can get a bunch of stuff from my parents and other folks who snapped photos of our beautiful selves but there is just so much stuff lost, it totally sucks.

I’m sad.

If any of you are thinking of leaving a comment about how I should have backed everything up feel free to burn in hell.

It does cheer me up to hear that Jack Abramhoff is going to cut a plea deal and send DeLay and Ney down the river. That’s great news. The NSA spying thing is about the least surprising big news story I can imagine. Is there anyone out there that still thinks the POTUS and his crew have any thought whether they can do whatever the fuck they want regardless of inconveniences like laws?

This entry sucks but I’m too depressed to be entertaining. I’m as sad as John Gibson is stupid and Bill O’Reilly is…well…stupid.

5 Comments:

  • I'm know with laser surgery you are by far the sexiest beast I know! Forgive my oversight in acknowledging that fact in my year end review!

    By Blogger Twenty One Productions, at 9:46 AM  

  • Thanks for the wake up reminder on back up. How rotten this happened to you.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 10:30 AM  

  • I would like DeLay and Ney to be under investigation. The funny thing about Bob Ney is that he holds the Congressional seat formerly inhabited in the past by Wayne Hays, who had his own scandal with Elizabeth Ray the non-typing typist.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 10:55 AM  

  • Merry Christmas, Oil.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 10:49 AM  

  • I'm laste on picking up this thread. No one asked the most important question...how many lost pictures were shots of me? If the answer is one (or more), yeah, you have good reason to b e depressed.

    Don't worry. I can send you plenty replacements.

    By Blogger Phil Rossi, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home