Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

102 in the shade....are you kidding me?

OK I admit it, this blog has been fantastically lame lately. I’ve just been too busy and tired to find anything interesting to get worked up about. I saw an otter swimming by while I was watching the fireworks last night and a wild turkey walking across the front lawn of a neighbor’s house the other day….that was weird. But as for things to get all worked up and write about it’s just not there as of late. The family is good, the band is good, the job is a job, I have work travel down to a sweet science, my dog knows how to fetch and I haven’t had time to go to the idiot’s lair up the street in months…MONTHS!!!!! I gotta get back to the bar but when? Tomorrow I get on a 7:00 a.m. (yes…in the morning) flight to Austin, Texas. Predicted temperature there tomorrow is 102 degrees. What the fuck is that? Who lives in places like that other than the Human Torch and the Heat Miser…..oh, and Satan? I’m in Austin for a day and then back and off right after that to the unguarded open disappearing shores of North Carolina for a week. You can’t blog about going to the beach. Who wants to read:

“I woke up today and totally relaxed. Being here is like constantly being in that sleepy feeling I get after I touch myself in a nasty way. Wow, I’m going to go take a nap.”

OK when I write it it’s not that bad but I think you know what I mean. So when I get back from vacation I’m really going to try and find some stuff to get good and pissed off about and try to be more entertaining. I promise.

On another note the band started recording the next record on Saturday. Things went very well for the first day out and we got drum tracks down for five tunes. It’s a much more rocking affair than the first Prophets record I think. I’m the only guy left from the first record anyway so it was bound to be very different regardless. I’m really looking forward to getting down with the recording process and cranking out new material with the new guys in the band and so far it’s so good.

I gotta go pack my suitcase with Sunblock 90000 and insulated ice-cube enabled underpants. If any of the airports are wi-fi I’ll people watch and post it up.

1 Comments:

  • do you have a working title for the new albulm. when will i be able to find it on napster aond on kazaa?

    prophets rule, bro!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home