Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Monday, February 07, 2005

Nascar nation is pretty boring

I’m in Charlotte North Carolina at the moment cooling my heels at a conference. Everything here is really new, it’s nice and all but it seems like a city without a soul. Thank the lord that I love my own company so much, it helps being my own best friend to get throuh the malaise. I think me and myself will hang out and watch the Wizards game tonight. I'm sure I'll have a great time with me as I'm totally funny and a blast to spend time with. This place is like the centerpeice of Nascar nation which is about as cool to me as being the dry finger prostate exam capital of the world. Nascar sucks.

I watched the Superbowl with copious amounts of whiskey last night. I would have won $300 in one of those grid pools if Andy Reid had gone for two after that last touchdown but he didn’t. Goddam mormons.

I'm really looking forward to Iota next Thursday which should be a swell as hell rocking affair. One of the bands we’re playing with, Exit Clov, had a CD release at the Black Cat on Friday and the word is that the sound was just atrocious. That’s really frustrating and something that once you start playing you have very little control over. So hopefully they have a good mix and a good show next week. I have never met any of them before and I think it will be cool to play a show with strangers.

Anyway, three hours till I’m done for the day and back to floating down the whiskey river. Anybody down here that wants to grab a paddle and join me please come bob along.

3 Comments:

  • Castor,

    Never bet against the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

    Yours truly,

    Bill Belichek

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

  • The sound at the Exit clov show was horrible. I felt bad for them. I hope iota is better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

  • The Exit Clov promo is pretty righteous and iota does some of the best sound around; should be an awesome show, expecially with Castor's deiful hair!

    By Blogger notionsUnlimited, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home