Castor Oil...sickeningly good

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Turbo Lover

Just scored a box seat and VIP parking to Priest and Queensryche at Nissan. I hope QR plays the Lady wore Black. Usually I loathe "big" concerts and would never consider going to Nissan, even for Judas Priest, but when you can avoid the rabble via VIP parking and sit in a comfy seat and knock back free booze all night on some stranger's dime who am I to complain?

I love capitalism, vendors sucking up to customers with totally non-work related stuff like Priest tickets to gain favor for future business. It rocks ass if you're on the good side of it. In this instance I just happen to be tagging along with the customer in question. but I used to be on the very agressive vendor side back in the dot-com days. Golfing, (which I actaully hate), boozing, (which I thoroughly love), going to the track, carousing, pro sports. concerts...it was awesome. Sure we burned through 50 million bucks in less than two years but dammit you have to spend money to make money, right!?!?!?!?!? I miss the good old days sometimes. Sob. Ah well, I'll drown my sorrows in free Maker's Mark to a soundtrack provided by middle aged leather clad Brits screaming for Vengance and exploring the vaguries of homosexuality through Marshall stacks.


In other news I just got in from New Orleans late last night and have totally fallen head over heels in love with that place all over again. Mabe tis' time for family Castor to pack up and head South....maybe maybe maybe. If I can convince Philito and his lovely lovely to move down as well that would probably seal the deal. 24 hour bars. Total genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home